Skip to content
- Peter Wedgwood – (Education Sergeant, Murray Barracks in 1966-67), passed away 25 July 2023.
- Bill Semple – (Education Sergeant, Murray Barracks in 1971-72), passed away 7 March 2022.
- Barry Young – (Education Sergeant, Taurama Barracks in 1966-67), passed away 4 March 2022.
- Les Rowe – (Education Sergeant, Igam Barracks in 1969-70), passed away 28 Feb 2022.
- Tom Uil – (Education Sergeant, Taurama Barracks in 1969-70) passed away 22 November 2021
- John Ford (Education Sergeant, Taurama Barracks 1969-71) passed away 27 May 2021
- Neville Corrie – (Education Sergeant, Taurama Barracks in 1970-71) passed away in September 2020
- Phillip James Allington – (Education Sergeant, Murray Barracks in 1968-69) passed away on 9th September 2020
- Barry Nunn – (Education Sergeant, Taurama Barracks in 1969-70) passed away on 12th May 2020.
- Roger Howard – (Education Sergeant, Taurama Barracks in 1967-68) passed away on 12th August 2020. After National Service, he remained a teacher and became a principal of a Victorian Special School
- Roger Grigg – (Education Sergeant, Moem Barracks in 1968-69) passed away on 26th February 2020
- Dan Winkel – (Education Warrant Officer Class 2, Murray Barracks in 1966-69) passed away on 10th January 2020
- Martin Robert Forbes – (Major) passed away on 11th August 2019.
- He retired from the Regular Army as a Major in 1993.
- He enlisted in the Regular Army in 1974 at Murray Barracks (No. 2799225).
- He was the Nasho Didiman (Agricultural Chalkie) at Wewak in 1972-73.
- Bob Muller – (Education Sergeant, Moem Barracks in 1968-69) passed away on 27th June 2019
- John Raymond Gibson – (Education Sergeant, Taurama Barracks in 1967-68) passed away on 17th May 2019.
- Thomas O’Meara – (Education Sergeant, Taurama Barracks in 1971-72) passed away 29th March 2019
- Vlad (Dave) Cizauskas – (Education Sergeant, MCS, Lae in 1971-72) passed away 9th November 2018
- Ron Lynch – (Education Sergeant, Goldie River 1972)
Ron passed away 4th February 2017
- David Pollack – (Education Sergeant, Lae 1970) -click here to view his obituary in The Toowoomba Chronicle.
- Bernard Neeson (Doc Neeson) – (Education Sergeant, Goldie River 1968/69)
Click here for Obituary Notice – passed away Wednesday 4th June 2014
- Edward Mangano – (Education Sergeant, Murray Barracks 1972-73)
- Geoff Peters (Education Sergeant 1969-70 Igam Barracks, Lae) – passed away Friday 26th July, 2013 at his Sunshine Coast home after suffering from Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Ken Rowe – Ken died in the Black Sat Bushfires of 2009
- Phil Imison – Phil passed away 17th October 2011, aged 65
- John Martin – John died in a motorcycle crash in Port Moresby in 1970. See Tribute
- Chris Donnan – Chris lost his life during a climb of Mt Wilhelm in December ’71.
He was a Chalkie Sergeant. See Mount Wilhelm where his death is mentioned.
- See also a pictorial essay of the placement of a memorial plaque on Mt. Wilhelm by 3 of his mates in 1972
- Arthur John (1906-2012) – appointed Director of RAAEC in 1952 – obituary in Sydney Morning Herald Friday 20th July 2012
- Graham Hilder – Ron Inglis (Chalkie 1970-71 Moem Barracks Wewak and Igam Barracks Lae) writes –
“Graham Hilder (Chalkie 1971-72 Moem Barracks) passed away suddenly in 2001 when he was Principal of the Calrossy School in Tamworth, New South Wales. Graham and Ron Inglis were best mates at Sydney University. They were both trainee teachers doing BA Dip Ed in which Graham majored in Mathematics and Geography. They were called up together but for reasons unknown, Ron went straight to basic training at Kapooka but Graham was given a deferment to do a year of teaching. It was an unusual coincidence that, 12 months on, Graham went to Kapooka, to infantry training at Singleton and to a Chalkie posting at Moem Barracks in Wewak.
On return to Australia Graham taught at Kinross in Orange then Rockhampton Girls Grammar School before being appointed Principal of Calrossy School. Graham was a much loved Principal of Calrossy for over 10 years prior to his untimely death.”